Translate This Blog

Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Photo Shoot for Kids

I really decided that I am going to do much better at taking photos of my kids. This year I really slacked off. I wanted to bring in the new year with a bang. I started thinking on what I was going to do as far as the photo shoot was concerned. Then it hit me!! What do you think of when you think New Years?! (No not the booze or midnight kiss) Father time and baby new year!! I ran with this idea. It took me a while to figure out how I would pull off Father Time. The first thing that popped into my mind was Rudolph's Shiny New Year. I loved that movie as a kid!!! LOL.

Father Time from Rudolph's Shiny New Year

SOOOO...this was the outcome:




I found a really nice robe at a thrift store for $3! I couldn't find something like a scythe so I went with an old clock. I also got that from the thrift store it was $4. It still works! Now the hard part was finding a wig and beard. After searching online, I finally decided to give Party City a try. They can get a little expensive. I was happy that I found that beard for $4.99. Not to bad. It was a plush beard with moustache and I found it with the Christmas costumes. Although this beard was nice and soft, it shed!!! But i found a purpose for the shedded hair. I used it for the eyebrows. His hair is just an old pair of white stockings from my 4 year old.

Baby New Year was very simple to make. Top hat, Sash, and cloth diaper. Well of course I couldn't find a new year sash but I found the next best thing. I went to Hobby Lobby and just bought satin white ribbon. After my 40% off coupon I think I paid $1.70. I painted New Year onto the sash using black acrylic paint.


I bought the top hat and horn from Party City. The hat was $1.50 on clearance and the horn was $0.40 on clearance. I had some tinsel left over from Christmas so Ididn't need any. I did however buy some necklaces.



The necklaces and tinsel kept him occupied long enough to get through the shoot. It was about 40 mins total.


I couldn't come up with a actual theme or costume for my daughter so I just dressed her up with party favors. She was so easy to take photos of.  She truly is a natural, very little direction needed.


I am so glad how well they all did. Thank you for supporting my new blog. Hope you have a safe and Happy New Year!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment