Translate This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

It's in the Bag!


Someone once said, "You can tell a lot about a lady by whats in her purse." Well I so believe that's true. Sometimes as women we tend to over stuff things. From foundation to lip gloss, and binkies to diapers, our purses can definitely tell a lot about us. But what should we actually have in our bags? Have you ever actually thought about what the necessities are? Well it finally dawned on me one day on a family outing when I couldn't find my iPhone!!! Of course it was in the bottom of the bag buried by old receipts, chocolate and change. That was the last straw. When we got home I dumped out my bag on my bed shocked by all the junk that I kept in there. LOL. Being a mom made it worse. I had snack size gold fish, band-aids, Neosporin, stickers and Dum Dums. On top of that I had my own things in there. To make a long story short, I knew I had to really clean that darn bag out!!!! So I thought and thought about what actually needed to be in my bag.




Well here's the break down:
(You don't have to take everything in the categories just whatever applies to you)


I-Phone case/wallet-Wet Seal $3, Kotex Purple & Black Tin- Wal-Mart $1
Dentex Flosser Case-Walmart $3 free bonus carrying case
White Johnson & Johnson first aid kit-Family Dollar $1

Your Wallet (No brainer)-don't carry your SS Card though NO Bueno!!

 Toiletries:
  • Mini size Kleenex (you can get them in the trial section just about everywhere) 
  • Hand Sanitizer (None other than Bath and Body Works-Don't you just love the scents!!) 
  • Colgate Wisp (these can get expensive so you can opt out or stick to the trial size toothpaste and tooth brush)
  • Floss (I hate when I go out to eat and get something stuck in my teeth!! I prefer the floss picks I even got a handy mini case for them) 
  • Trial Size Mouthwash 
  • Mini Deodorant (trial section you never know when you made need to freshen up) 
  • Mini body spray/perfume (roller or pump)
  • Small bottle of lotion (doesn't have to be fancy-who likes dry hands?!) 
  • Cleansing Facial wipes (Not year round-I need these during the Spring for pollen and sticky hot Summer Days) 

Feminine Products: A Must have!!!
  • Panty Liners (you know where to get them! Did you know Kotex has a cute discreet case for them now!! $1 at Wal-Mart) 
  • Tampons/Pads (whatever floats your boat-you don't have to keep these in there but its nice to be able to help a friend out if need be)


Grooming: 
  • Small comb 
  • Hair Brush 
  • Bobby Pins 
  • Hair Ties/Headband 
  • nail clippers
  • Nail file
  • Small bottle of hair product (in case you need it-being natural its a must have!)
Beauty:
This can be tricky...if you use primer you really wont need to keep anything in you bag unless your going to stay until the sun rises ;D
  • travel size make-up brushes, q-tips, or eye shadow applicators
  • lip balm (my choice is ESO it's cute small and really works!!) 
  • eyeliner 
  • lip stick 
  • small eye shadow 
  • mascara 
If you have little ones and you don't carry a diaper bag (You must have the biggest purse ever! LOL) If your bag is big enough purchase a small clear pouch in trial size section of your local store or the Dollar Tree- that way you can keep Dum Dums mini snack pouches band aids and anything else you may need on a AS NEEDED BASIS- only grab this pouch if the kiddos are going with you. If not just keep it filled in case you need to leave in a hurry)

Things You So Probably Leave Out:

  • Open food (if you every drop your purse and you have an open bag of chips or something it will just make a mess at the bottom and of course your hair brush!) 
  • Nail Polish (the bottle can break usually when its too hot... don't ruin your good bags) 
  • Of course anything without a secure top (prevent spills)
  • Your whole collection of makeup (keep it simple take what you need)


Comments always welcome! Thank you for your support!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment