Translate This Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Religious Meaning of Easter- For Kids


     

         For those of us who are followers of Christ, Easter is in fact maybe the most important holiday of all. If you wanted to understand the Resurrection in more detail, I would suggest reading the Book of Matthew, which is the first book of the New Testament And also the beginning Chapters of the Book of Mark. The specific chapters where most of the important part are found in Matthew 27 & 28 as well as Mark 15 & 16. Of course Mel Gibson produced one of the most dramatic heart touching movies of all, The Passion of The Christ. 

         As a christian parent, I would not advise you allowing your young child to see that movie. It is VERY GRAPHIC. And I don't think that young children could even fully understand nor follow the movie. Its pretty long. But last year I made the decision that I wanted to bring back the true meaning of Easter. Now keep in mind, my children like all children love the Easter Bunny. I didn't completely eject him out of the equation. But for their religious curiosity, I had to find a way to explain the Easter story in a more kid-friendly manner. Last year I found the perfect solution on You Tube of all places!!!! 



Events Leading Up to the Easter Story




Easter Story Animated Part 1 of 3




Easter Story Animated Part 2 of 3





Easter Story Animated Part 3/3




Wishing you all a blessed Easter Season!!! Comments are appreciated and always welcome.


UPDATE: After searching YouTube...I found one video of all four parts put together! 
How did I miss this before? O_o   Enjoy :D





2 comments:

  1. Very good, creative and informative. Keep it up. I hope there'll be more from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really appreciate you stopping to not only check out the blog post but also to leave a comment. Thank you very much. Happy Easter!

      Delete

Leave a comment