Translate This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

DIY: T-Shirt Sac


I had so much fun creating this little number. I see bags in many stores that look like they were once t-shirts. I was definitely not paying $20 for one especially if I could make it myself. Finally I had some clothes to create one with. My daughter had spaghetti one day at preschool and of course ruined her top. I wasn't upset, after all it's bound to happen at preschool. 





If you would like to create this easy T-Shirt Sac, just follow the directions below.


First you will need the following:
  • T-Shirt ( I used two ONLY because her LOVE shirt was very thin)
  • Scissors
  • Thread (best to use the same color as your shirt)
  • Needle (if you are going to hand stitch, by all means you can use a sewing machine)
  • Straight Pins
  • Tacky Glue (optional if using two shirts like I did)
  • Ribbon
  • Feather Boa

EASY TO DO PICTORIAL DIRECTIONS



Cut off desired amount from bottom of t-shirt. I cut about two inches above hem.


After Cut
Turn shirt inside out and pin the bottom off the shirt Then stitch a seam under
straight pins across the bottom of shirt.



****IMPORTANT IF USING TWO SHIRTS IF NOT KEEP SCROLLING UNTIL YOU SEE  HEART SMILEY FACE****

**REPEAT ABOVE STEP FOR SECOND SHIRT WHICH IN THE END WILL BE THE LINING OF THE SAC**


Turn 2nd shirt inside out.  Pin the bottom of shirt with pins. Sew a seam under the pins. Turn **2nd**
shirt ONLY back right side out.




2nd Shirt right side out. You should be looking at the seam at this point.




Pinch 1st shirt while hand is still in the inside of lining. Pull  1st shirt
over lining. DON'T LET GO


Secure two shirts together with pins at each corner, both sides, and  bottom


Using Tacky Glue adhere edge of lining to the inside outer shirt all around



Using tacky glue, adhere ribbon or straps of your choice to shoulder of t-shirt sac
Secure with straight pins


Sew boa to outer outside top edge of sac. Be sure to sew boa securely over straps to keep
them from falling off.



Finished T-Shirt Sac




***IF YOU ARE NOT USING 2 SHIRTS JUST SKIP TO PICTURE UNDER THIS SENTENCE***




Turn sac back right side out looking at the seam.
THIS IS THE 2nd SHIRT WHICH IS INNER LINING
Still same concept. I  forgot to take a picture using my LOVE  shirt.


Glue ribbon or straps of your choice to  inside shoulder of t-shirt
secure with straight pins


Sew boa to outer outside top edge of sac. Be sure to sew boa securely over straps to keep
them from falling off.


Finished T-Shirt Sac



What do you think? Comments are always welcome :D If you have questions you can post them here too.

Enjoy lovelies!!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Now I finally can upcycle some of the old clothes we get rid of that I love so much! Was also contemplating making a t-shirt quilt but I have to wait for more t-shirts to come available because I'm not sure hubby would approve of me using all of his ;). Awesome blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it!! Yes you can definitely make a t-shirt quilt. I thought about it for Jayden's baby shirts that he has outgrown. I will do more DIYs for up-cycling clothes soon. :) Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment